Friday, September 29, 2017

397,000 Points

Me: (answering phone to unknown local number tersely) Dr. Seng

"Um, my boss called you earlier, I work at the bank, I was trying to get him to tell you, he said you were upset,"

"Yeah, tell him I'm sorry I was being cold I just don't like to talk about a deposit box still linked to my name that isn't mine. I was divorced 10 years ago. I don't like being called Mrs. Schneider anymore, especially when I am in the middle of something. Did you get him to close it out?"

"Um no it's not about that. Did you know you have 397,000 points on your credit card?"

"No. I have no idea what that means. I get e-mails about some rewards thing but I've always deleted them."

"It's just that I've never seen anyone with that many points!  I had to tell you!  That's $4,000 in cash!"

"Are you sure you are talking about me, and not some old account?"

"Yes, it's you. If someone told me I had that many points I'd faint!! I mean you can get a vacation or a KitchenAid blender but I'd want the money. Want me to tell you how to get it?"

"Sure I'll get my computer. I only use my phone for bank transactions. I don't know the format."

LOL. I just found out I had 4K I didn't know I had. A few clicks later there is 4K in my checking account.

"Thank you so much for letting me know. I was waiting for a quarterly bonus to donate to Irma and Maria relief now I can do it this weekend. And this will help pay for a couple of upcoming trips."

"Your welcome!! Have a great weekend."

"Thanks again you too."

Gotta check casseroles for doc mom book club tonight. How much better can a day get with book club and 4K. I cannot imagine.

Happy Friday


No comments: