Friday, April 21, 2017

Tumor Board

The Nightingale: So I've got a proposal. Pharm wants to come to our tumor board, and bring food. I'm reluctant. What do you all think?

Rad, Path (me), Rad/Onc: No.

The Nightingale: I agree. It's a safe space, for us docs and our patients. As soon as they come along, it will become about them. Let's keep it this way.

Me: Did you meet Dr. Kahn?

He's the Cyd Vicious of pancreatic pathology. He does EUS, and he's really good, and I'm so excited he's here. I'm pulling my pancreas book out and dusting off the muck (I was GI path so I knew it well way back when), and he's unearthing pancreas pathology that we haven't seen here in the past ten years. He's also ordering studies I've seen at conferences but haven't yet made it to Little Rock. Until now.

The Nightingale: Yes.

Me: Good. Oh hi!!

Big hug to St. Vincent pathologist friend.

B: Wow this is beautiful. I haven't been here before.

Me: Welcome. Glad you all are here. Can I introduce you to oncologists?

B: Yes, I've only met them over the phone. Please do.

Cyd: I think the pathologists are dominating today. They will soon take over.

Me: Lol yes. Ratio is 2:1 pathologist vs. other docs. There have never been so many here. That's how it should be.

The Nightingale: 7:00 a.m. Let's go. Can I take the first case? I've got someone who can really use our help.


No comments: