Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Doctor's Lounge

To be fair, I was an eavesdropper, not an interlocutor. I was just getting some afternoon coffee.

ED doc: I was a senior in college. She was a freshman. She agreed to a date; I was on top of the world. We were in my car, I was playing Beach Boys and singing along. She asked me, "Who is this singing?" I was so proud to know the answer, and to explain it to her. "It's the Beach Boys." I kept singing. She said, "Can we just leave it to them?" Man I was crushed. My whole world exploded.

Me: LOL! Mean, but you've got to give it to her. I never think of clever things to say in the moment until a couple of hours later.

ED doc: Yeah, I've got to hand it to her. Here I am 30 years later, still thinking of that. She took me down a notch, that's for sure. I can't forget it.

No comments: