Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Disjointed

It's been a busy week full of brain frozens and surprise important micro meetings so I feel all over the map.

My new pulmonologist friend invited me to the group Style MD and it is my new addiction. Docs take selfies from Target outfits to Jimmy Choo's. "The criteria is stringent," she assured me, "you cannot get in unless you are an female M.D."

This post took me by surprise this morning.

NAME YOUR VAGINA by using the name of the last movie you watched!!

The fun lasted throughout the day and continued into this evening.

Miracle on 34th Street
Popstar!
Bad moms (that was a frequent one, and my last movie, but I chose to list my favorite one The Resurrection - that got a few likes)
Spooky Buddies
Finding Dory (lots of Millenials here I'm past this)
Zootopia (Despite being past this I LOVED this movie)
The Jungle Book
Pete's Dragon
Suicide Squad
Anthropoid
Equity
The Secret Life of Pets (LOL! Someone commented - the secret life of your kitty-kat?)
The Hangover
Home
Frozen . . . Damn. Rough month at my house. Poor hubby.
Vacation
Olympus has Fallen (commenter: ya your vag took him down!)
Daddy's Home
God's Not Dead 2
Ice Age
Air Force One
Unstoppable
Hell or High Water
Independence Day
Monsters University
Wolf on Wall Street . . . I need a wax
Hunger Games
My King
The Usual Suspects
Now You See Me
The Martian
The Big Short
Central Intelligence
Eddie the Eagle
Nine Lives
Free Willy
Deadpool
Bad News Bears
Bladerunner
Sausage Party
The Revenant
The Last of the Mohicans
Big Ass Spider
The Boat That Rocked
Mary Poppins
Star Trek Into Darkness
X-Men - perfect for the lesbian
Batman vs. Superman
Red Riding Hood
Everest
Kikis Delivery
Maya the Bee
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The Boss
Matrix Revolutions
Diamonds are Forever
Mission Impossible
Kubo and the Two Strings???
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Pretty in Pink
Where to Invade Next
War Dogs
The Enterprise
The Terminator
Outbreak

I think you get the idea. I'd type in funny comments but that would take all night.

Very few things make me cry really hard. I can count on one hand in adulthood. My sister tells me I bawled hysterically on the last day of our yearly family vacations to Navarre Beach, Florida, but I don't remember doing that. I remember losing it for the first time in college when I heard the Bruce Springsteen song "Johnny 99." Surprised the Hell out of my boyfriend Snake, who was driving my Jeep. It's still one of my favorite songs.

I also remember losing it in residency when my brother was really sick. Driving around and crying so hard I really should have pulled over on the side of the road. Crime Lab rotation did me in. I told the guys one day I was leaving early and headed to the River to cry all afternoon. No one wants to hear about that shit, you have to just suck it up and deal with it. I remember my ex stopping me the first week, telling me it was too much. It may be too much, but it's still there.

But since then, nothing more than a moist eye and occasional tear. So imagine my surprise when I read the last chapter of my book club book last week, The One in a Million Boy, and major waterworks. I had to rush over and lock the door of my office it was so ridiculous. Tears flying out of my eyes all over my skirt. When I collected myself, after 20 minutes or so, I texted the one who picked the book. "Have you read it yet?" "Yes." "Did it do that to you?" "No."











No comments: