Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pathilloma

I was visiting with my esteemed colleagues at the University last week. Dr. Quick (he was behind me in residency. And now he is an attending. Ugh I'm old) was showing me a cool gyn case when I noticed this on his door.

Caption: Clinical History: Biopsy Proven Pathilloma

I laughed and asked him where that came from. "One of my colleagues at Brigham where I did fellowship. That was really written on the clinical history, can you believe it?"

I think that next time I am not sure of an answer in the radiology suite on smear I might say, instead of 'Atypical' which draws much ire, "I think it's a pathilloma!"

2 comments:

Thatgirl said...

One of my really awesome pathologists was fond of the, "HellifIknowoma".

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Oh man that's awesome! I can't wait for a chance to use that one thanks:)