Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dr. Demanding

I got a message scrawled on a fax the other day.

"Path lab docs: I expect a comment about eosinophils on every sinus case from AOC ASC. Thanks."

Dear Dr. Demanding:

I don't expect you to keep up with my path societies, and if I kept up with every one of every clinicians I would never leave work. When most docs have special requests they come visit us with articles. They make a personal phone call to plead their case about why they want to order a molecular test on certain tumor blocks. They answer phone calls requesting clarification.

Memo to all path docs:

A clinician has requested a comment on eosinophils on all sinus cases. We have already established a pattern of comments on eosinophils for Dr. Sweet as Pie. Let's generalize for all of our docs who look at chronic sinusitis. Here's how I do it. I know that's subjective; I have four articles on eosinophils and sinusitis - if anyone wants more  objective criteria they are welcome to review or make copies.

Arrggh. Respectful communication people. That's a rule in my house. I wish I could make it a rule for all of society.






3 comments:

OMDG said...

May Dr. D's wife is divorcing him and that's why he's being all Napoleon on you guys.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

I actually don't know this guy. He's in another city at another hospital. I assumed it was a personality thing. Nice of you to give him the benefit of the doubt! Maybe . . .

Liana said...

Um, are you kidding me? Sheesh.