Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Miscellaneous

As Mother's Day approaches, I think of my kids. On a Tuesday night when I usually do yoga - which I forgave for a molecular work dinner with breast surgeons and oncologists at Brave New (wonderful dinner), they are always on my mind.

Jack has been wanting to make Monkey Bread. So we did. According to the instructions we followed on a Paula Deen's kids cookbook he checked out from the school library. "Mom, it wasn't like I remembered. It was too sweet." "Jack, I didn't ever make Monkey bread. I made banana bread. Cecelia had a doll called Monkey baby. Maybe you are confusing the two." "Mom, let's make banana bread next time."


Cake truffles from "The Girl Who Ate Everything" blog. Jack and I are addicted. They are like crack. Cecelia is not as impressed. "Mom, let's just pop some popcorn and give me Twizzler's in my lunch tomorrow instead."


"I want my hair to curl just like Mrs. Rachel (stepmom) does it."


"I love how it turned out!  I can do it by myself!"


Fancy nail design.

No comments: