Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Dark Day in Arkansas

Our legislature today overrode Governor vetoes on:

Two Abortion Laws

We also passed:

Laws that strip voter protection

We elected these people, that chose to ignore citizen turnout.  Ignored their voices.

Our legislature is overpowered by Koch-heads.

We voted these people in.

Only we have the power to change this Draconian, judgmental, controlling legislature.

I am not anti-Republican.  I am not anti-religion.  I am anti-ignorance.

I have, and always will, vote for control of my body.  We all have the inalienable right to control our own bodies.  Yet somehow, some people think that it is in all our best interests to legislate this away from us.

From our darkest days, we will hopefully find a pinhole of light.

2 comments:

notterriblyordinary said...

I heard about this nonsense on NPR last night while I was driving home from work. I just hope that my 4.5 month old that was in the backseat doesn't start repeating the string of obscenities that came from my mouth when she starts talking. Ridiculous.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

I hope you realize there are enlightened people here in Arkansas. We can't help it that our elections are being supplemented by billionaires with backwater agendas from another state.

I was so mad thinking about it this morning that I drove to my wrong job site. They are saying at least this will give the lawyers something to do in this bad economy.

I think obscenities are ok up to a certain point, in moderation:) Especially about this.