Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Yippee! Look at Me!

I'm on Kevin M.D.!

Read it (again, if you already have): HERE.

I'm excited. I poured a lot into that post. Kevin M.D. picks a MiM post once a month to generate to a wider audience. I remember when I wrote it, I was thinking it was Kevin M.D. worthy. I have not had a post picked up by him in over a year - last one was Disillusionment. I made a half-hearted attempt to find it on MiM so I could post a link, but oh well. I'm tired. Oh wait. Google disillusionment and MiM and: HERE.

Been reading a lot of books, lately. Some are worth mentioning, some are not. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all, right? Here are the good ones:

The Lacuna, Barbara Kingsolver - think I mentioned that I read this one. A gift from a good friend. It was a fabulous historical fiction period piece. Think Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo and Joseph McCarthy all rolled up in the background of a great story about a very unassuming author. The current Occupy Wall Street movements are oddly reminiscent of the government protests going on during that time.

Delta of Venus Erotica, Anais Nin - I had about given up on non-cheesy erotica. Another gift, this one. It did not disappoint. The first half was pretty disturbing, but good reading, nonetheless. The second half was nothing short of incredible. Highly recommend. Saw she wrote another erotica - Little Birds, maybe? Can't wait to check it out.

A Spot of Bother - Mark Haddon. I was excited to get this as a gift - I remember reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time when I was on maternity leave with my son. I enjoyed this one even more. There is nothing more comforting and escape-worthy than reading about other's highly dysfunctional families. When it makes you laugh out loud more than once, even better.

I'll finish with a video. Honey is my favorite accoutrement on the planet. Not just the physical form, although it is great on eggs and Morning Star spicy black bean burgers. Daily eats, for me. Honey is the antithesis of venom, and I tell my kids over and over, they will get much more out of life by using honey rather than venom.



2 comments: