Sunday, August 21, 2011

Monarch Butterfly

Orange and black wings
Fluttering, cloaking branches
Poised in the sunlight

My good friend Ramona Bates is hosting the next Grand Rounds and I have been puzzling over what to submit for a few days now. The theme is changes. This is something I wrote on a bedside table in a hotel room in Monterey CA back in 2008, after visiting the Monarch Grove Butterfly Sanctuary. I was at a pathology conference by myself, and just starting to blog. I haven't posted it before, but I think it fits. It reminds me that we all, no matter how old we get, have the potential to find something new within ourselves and soar.

To all my friends on the verge of something new, I wish you the best.

2 comments:

MomTFH said...

Since I am approaching residency application, I will take those well wishes.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Good luck! Those are a pain, I remember.