Tuesday, February 1, 2011

tête-à-tête

I saw this when I walked into the GI office restroom this morning. My mind raced through possible scenarios.

- Do some people actually find it easier if they put their feet up?

- If a guy stands on a chair, is it more challenging? Like a solitary sport event?

- Comfortable puking? It would beat kneeling around the bowl.

- Is there something that happens after a colonoscopy that I need to know about for the future? Something requiring a coach/partner?

It kind of reminded me of potty training my daughter - she got number 1 easy but number 2 required much hand holding - there was definitely a fear factor going on. Thank goodness when she finally conquered the fear there was no going back. But this is an adult GI clinic, not a pediatric behavior clinic.

I guess I'll never know. Maybe it's better if I don't.

9 comments:

The Duchess of Cookies said...

Perhaps they couldn't do their second enema and the RNs made them do it there.

rlbates said...

This had me smiling. Not sure I want to know the explanation either.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Ack! You have to have two enemas before a colonoscopy? And here I thought you just had to drink a big bottle of Go-Litely. Guess I could just ask Dr. Colon - he would know.

The Duchess of Cookies said...

I think it depends upon how far they plan to scope. Sig. Flex and you need 2 enemas. If you're getting the full scope.. glug-glug.

MomTFH said...

Ha, looks like some sort of cooperative event. Glad I wasn't involved.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

DC - you saw more scopes than me. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever watched one. But I sit right next door to them now all the time. Phew! I haven't carried such a stench since I was in the autopsy suite.

Kyla said...

Haha! So many interesting possibilities.

The Mother said...

Please don't suggest sport peeing to my teens. They have enough trouble hitting the pot to begin with. I was hoping they'd grow out of it, but apparently taller means poorer aim.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Ha! So does this mean I have no hope for my six year old?