Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Walking in Place

Big little brother Matt is back in town, and this is good because:

1) I finally have a date. Hung out with him and six of his friends tonight -- a night filled with spirits and merriment.

2) I get to indulge in my jam band side. He sent me a video he was addicted to during his law school finals last week.


The holidays have officially started. They'll hit their full groove when culinary brother Mike arrives this weekend with his fabulous sensory scientist wife Effie. I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping, and my toes are a beautiful gunmetal silver with sparkles. All set for three Christmas parties this weekend. Life doesn't get much better than this.

I hope you still smile when you're singing.

6 comments:

The Mother said...

Sure it does. NOT going to holiday parties. Bubble baths alone with a bottle of champagne instead.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

I get lots of alone time, these days. I'm in the mood to dress up and get sparkly. Probably I'll tire quickly and go home early, but don't squash my motivation before I get out of the house! Your scenario is globally much more appealing, I agree. I would add a book, though.

Kyla said...

No Christmas parties here, just splendid relaxation after the insanity of finals. Ahhhh.

I think both of my kids are getting sick, so I'm thinking it will be a weekend filled with pjs and holiday movies.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

That sounds wonderful, Kyla! Congrats on getting through finals.

The Duchess of Cookies said...

Sparkly is ALWAYS the way to go! Great song, I was listening the other day as I surfed the nets... and I SWEAR I commented then, too! UGH! That's the second time now that I remember commenting but didn't. I wonder what I was drinking....

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Probably framboise, if I know you. I was super sparkly tonight. I love being sparkly.