Friday, July 30, 2010

What I Learned This Week

There is a limit in my ability for forgiveness.

This is significant for me as my taking shit wall, as others have often pointed out to me throughout my life, is about 100 times too high. I'm not sure if that came out right. I can take a lot of shit, and come back smiling.

Not this shit.

I drew a line today, a brand new one, and there is an individual on the planet that is on the other side of that line.

Adversary. Foe. Enemy. There is a first for everything.

Good news is - the week is over, my side of the story is out there, and I can sleep again. Hopefully I will never see this irksome adult again. Time to move on. I have never in my life so looked forward to going back to work after a vacation. Work is going to seem like a vacation. Luckily I have the weekend to get over this nasty sinus infection that surfaced when all the stress and insomnia completely disarmed my immune system. Now everything tastes like phlegm. Yuck.

Time to go tuck Sicily in. She just sneaked in the kitchen for her ice pack, which she has named. "Mom, I call it Power Pack. It is like one of my stuffed animals now, so familiar to me it deserves a name! It gives me the power to sleep." I'm glad she has found the secret at such a young age. Wonder if anyone has ever tried to market chiropractic ice packs as sleep aids.





2 comments:

Kyla said...

I haven't a clue what you are dealing with, but it sounds really rough.

I hope you feel better, health-wise and emotionally, very soon. I find that the more stressed I am, the more likely I am to get sick, too.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Thanks, Kyla. It is getting better. You know how open I am about divorce, so if I could talk about it I would.

I will tell you - divorce is very hard, and what I experienced last week made it look like a walk in the park.

Sinuses are clear! A good nights sleep and lots of vitamins do wonders. I am ready for work and normal routine.