Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Oral-Gasm

Mothers in Medicine turns two this week, and although I've only been on board since November, I'm reveling in the festivities. I re-posted a blog I wrote last November called The Sleepover, it is the one I e-mailed to KC the day before she invited me to join. I haven't done any back reading, but the incredible talent I have been a part of over the past few months - good ole doctor/mom advice from experts around the country, along with amazing reader comments - makes me so proud to be a member. My post is scheduled for tomorrow morning - just click on the link on the blog roll if you are interested.

I'm incredibly manic right now. Today is day 1 of my ex's first summer week with the kids - that means 6 nights in a row of kid deprivation - including the all important 5th birthday of my son on Thursday. Oh well - he will get two birthdays - I am planning a big family event at the beginning of next week for my side after a Jump Zone party for him and his classmates on Sunday.

So what am I doing without kids in the house? Eating sushi with my friend Laurie. Taking a nighttime jaunt to Party City to work on gift bags for the party Sunday. Planning day tours of Medical Museums of Arkansas with my friend Ramona. Bitching on the phone to my mom - if you can't bitch to your mom about your life, who can you bitch to? Who else wants to listen to that crap?

Had an incredibly busy day on EV (with oh so ugly personal highlights), but here is the epiphany. I discovered Dark Chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Was a little hesitant, after finding out a few months ago that the White Chocolate ones were a red-headed bastard cousin of the original - nothing special. So when I put one in my mouth - I was pleasantly, no shockingly surprised. The dark chocolate and peanut butter took on synergistic effects that vaulted both individual parts to light years beyond the milk chocolate version. Whenever I find something that amazing, I have to share, so I was a ridiculous television commercial all day long. I peddled it to my partner Brent (I was delighted he showed the proper amount of awe without any prompting), my cheery sanitary assistant, and my next door neighbor. I love what my neighbor said. He was a little reserved, when he popped his head in my door. He had already taken a Willy Wonka Scrumdiddlyumptious (sp?) from my chocolate dish - a yummy concoction of milk chocolate, cookie bits, toffee, and peanuts, so he was stretching a little to accept a second piece from me.

"This is going to blow my diet, but it has been that kind of a day."

"Amen. It's like we are paying for missing Monday, on this terrible Tuesday. I can't wait for Friday. If it's any consolation, I've already had three chocolates - I normally only have two."

"Oh my God. This is amazing. It's like an oral-gasm."

I laughed, "I've never heard that term. When I find a great oral combo - like my dried cherry cranberries and almonds - I call it 'Music in My Mouth.' You beat me out, with oral-gasm."

Happy Wednesday Eve. May you have your own oral-gasm. Many of them, I hope.


3 comments:

Kyla said...

Hahaha! With a recommendation like that, I'll have to try it!

Domestically Challenged said...

My Oral-gasm: I just learned how to make ganache and I am eating it on Ritz crackers. Out of this world!!!

Gizabeth Shyder said...

It's pretty darn good. Picked up two more bags at the grocery tonight for my work bowl.

I think I know what ganache is? Need to google that. Chocolatey, right? Chocolate, salt, butter, and crisp - sounds like a great combo.