Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Wall

I feel like I've got so much going on right now I can barely breathe. I have found work empathy and support in someone I would never have suspected to in a million years, and that feels really good.

I cannot afford to feel vulnerable right now. I'm juggling kid's emotional well-being, lawyers, mind games, finances, work, swim practices, insomnia, etc., and once again, it's a common theme in my life, I am the one who is suffering. I just tie it up, stuff it down, and decorate the package.

So I decided to build an emotional wall around me and my kids. Thick, strong, and tall. I've bought a bunch of advice books on divorce for kids that I need to read. Their reality has already changed and they've adjusted quickly, but I'm sure we've got a long way to go. I'm on call next week - so that'll be two straight weeks of working. MiM's got a topic week next week - and I volunteered to answer two questions, so I'll be working on that.

I need a break, from this blog. Ironically, when my monthly hits have shot over 1,000 - highest ever, for me. I'll post the MiM links - two great topics - female colleagues and breast pumping. Fun! Fun!

I reserve the right to change my mind in a few days, if I feel less tired.

1 comment:

medmusings said...

Glad to hear that you are taking some time for yourself and your children. I look forward to reading you again shortly!