Thursday, March 4, 2010

Learning

I spent enough time in Best Buy, at Mac Solutions, and on the phone with a consultant today that I will get my computer problems fixed, soon. Learned enough to know that I called my router a modem, in the last blog. Baby steps.

In the meantime, I cannot post a picture of the amazing hotel room my sister booked for us this morning - just to make everyone jealous. I'm glad I have lost 6 pounds since January - unintentionally. I was shocked on the scale the other day when my jeans were feeling loose - I have a bad habit of losing when I am not paying attention and too busy. Don't EVAR want to get back down to the ugly, skinny size 2 I was during fellowship, so I've a great excuse to eat like a pig at the classy, upscale, fancy restaurants we are hitting. I don't ever want to lose my ass again. I kind of like it. It's cute. It looks great in the new hipsters I bought this week on a shopping trip with my sister-in-law (there is a statute of limitation on panties - style and wear - and mine had expired). And it won't be there forever, so I've got to make the most of it while I can.

The hotel is called The Mansion on Peachtree, and Sara got us a great deal. She was so excited when she called me this morning. "The price included valet and breakfast! Katherine Heigl was there last week! When my husband and I spent the night there for his birthday once, Paul McCartney was staying there!" I couldn't help getting caught up in her giddiness, and googled it tonight to confirm my hunches. My sister has exquisite taste. Even though it is my weekend, I want her to get a night away from the kids, so I told her the room was my treat, for all her planning and encouragement.

Off to Memphis in the a.m., after carpool. I need to get directions to the airport.

No comments: