Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Divorce Is Stressful

No two ways about it. I would never have known how much, until now. Luckily, I am talking about it at work, and getting lots of support and empathy from those who have been there.

So I am comforted that it is normal to:

1. Have to ask for help from my partners some days (well, only once so far, but I see more in the future). And I hate asking for
help. Friday was day two, and the first time I only took it up because it was offered to me.

2. Lose weight without trying (Hey! There's a new angle on a weight loss cure to market!)

3. Be scared.

Last night, I was on the phone with my best friend Alyssa, and she was giving me a huge rocket-ship sized mind-fucking new angle on some past events that had my head swimming around in circles and the walls got all blurry. I told her I felt sick and she said, "Gizabeth, please come to Jonesboro this weekend. With one or both kids. You need to get away."

Birthday parties be damned. That sounds like a good idea. I'm going to Jonesboro. Her daughter's got a new swing set I can't wait to try out.

People say love makes you go out of control. Say, do, and think crazy things. I look back on the three relationships I have had in my life, and wonder if I have ever really been there before.

Be careful who you chat with on Facebook. Sometimes the craziest people are the ones you know.

1 comment:

rlbates said...

Enjoy your weekend.