Saturday, November 21, 2009

Truth is Stranger Than Fiction

I have been trying to resist posting this for over 24 hours, in the interest of, well, propriety, I guess. My partner Michelle walked in on me, bringing a consult, while I was reading it. A prostate consult, of all things. She was as shocked as me.

Sometimes you think you have heard it all. Then you are proved wrong.


Necrotizing fasciitis is a nasty thing. We see it occasionally, under the scope. I've never heard of anyone losing their testicles to it.

3 comments:

christie said...

No way! Is this really what the former owner of your specimen did???

christie said...

PS - hope your brother isn't in his deer stand when he reads this.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

That was my husband in the deer stand. He started reading my blog, recently. I had already told him that I read at every meal, but I guess he didn't put two and two together, at the time. I felt bad for startling him.

I read that on a link to another hospital blog I am following. My prostate came out for the reason every one does - cancer. That couple did not damage his prostate - they got nowhere near it. Unfortunately, they did some major damage to the testicles. Only 27! Sad.