Thursday, November 26, 2009

Mothers In Medicine

I was asked this week to join a community of physician mothers, at mothers in medicine. I was so excited, it's hard to express. It happened Monday night.

Tuesday morning, I woke up to run. I accidentally got in the shower, I was so jazzed about my new community. I've never done this before. You might think that getting in the shower would be good for a run - a wet head might cool one down. But ironically, it became like a plaster glue cap, inhibiting freedom.

Anyway, my first charge was to write about A Day in the Life of a mother physician. I chose to go back in time, to residency. If you are interested, you can read it at my new second home.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

christie said...

Hooray! Another venue for your writing! Your first post made me feel lazy. And tired. And like a low-volume pumper. But I loved it!

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Christie, I pumped so much, I got down to a size 2. I looked like a starved, angry model. Without the looks to go with it. I took me a year to get my ass back. I'm now 20 lbs. heavier, and a lot happier.

I was crazy to do all of that! But somehow happy, in retrospect. Delusional, I guess.

Note to self: don't post a blog to a new community on Thanksgiving weekend. Just because you are alone in the house on call, with all family scattered to Fayetteville and Atlanta, doesn't mean anyone else is. I wonder if they will ever read it?

Gizabeth Shyder said...

I spoke too soon! So busy at work today I didn't check for comments. I got six separate ones in one day! Wow!