Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Paranoia

I have this technophobe hang-up that most everyone I know can do a million more things on the computer than I can.  Last fall, I was writing in Google Documents, but I started getting these weird middle of the night e-mail messages that made me think it was being infiltrated by space aliens - then my dad told me not to put anything on the internet I wouldn't want read.  Good advice.  I really hadn't, but decided to get it all out of there anyway.  Yet in the process of pulling everything off I lost some of it, because I can't find where I put it on my computer.  I wanted to blog about one of my partners a couple of weeks ago, and use parts of something I had written previously, but it's gone.  Oh well.  I printed her a hard copy and she's going to look for it when she is off next week.

So anyway, I opened up my Google Reader tonight to check my blogs (Happy Birthday HB's wife!  See you Friday night at the big homecoming party!) and my brother had somehow infiltrated it.  He is the one that helped me get set up in Google Reader last winter, so I could just follow all new blog entries with one glance, and also all of my pathology journal articles and abstracts.  It's pretty cool having the American Journal of Forensic Pathology (no, I don't practice, but still fun to follow) right next to Arkansas Blog.  So now Michael is sharing all this stuff with me, articles and such, and is commenting on them.  Not really a blog, just following someone who shares and comments.  Something new.  How I came to follow him, I have no idea, but some of what he shared is pretty hilarious.  I thought I'd steal one if his finds to entertain.  Maybe he can comment and let me know how he snuck in.  And I'm going to try my hand at this link thing again, until I get it right.  


I think I finally got it right, on the second try.  

9 comments:

Michael said...

Hi,

I'm not sure how it got set up, but I'm glad it did. With google reader you can "follow" certain people. This means that you can share interesting articles, annotate them if you want, and people that follow you will get notified in your google reader. I just sent a request to follow you, so you should OK it and then I can read anything you share.

I only have two people following me, including you, because I'm surrounded by technophobes. I encourage you and your readers to use this feature, its cool!

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Michael - I think I OK'd you? Anyway, I am getting your article notifications. I will try to share with you as well, but may need instructions.

Christie - you are crazy. You were as smart, if not more so, than me. As evidenced by your superb and superior wit on your blog. You need a google reader account. It is hard to compare by subscribers - most people that hit my blog do not subscribe. But you had better sign on, since you are technologically advanced.

We were great crammers. Still are. More than all night cram sessions, I remember peeling our sunburnt skin on the long drive back from (Florida? Alabama?) in the back seat of your parent's car. It was so satisfying, in that elementary school Elmer's glue kind of way. You beat me by far on the skin peeling. Way cooler than 1% on exam scores (which I do not remember, by the way).

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Did you get crabs? I didn't get crabs. Nope. I think I would remember that.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

I do remember the crabs, but I had forgotten my name. That is an awesome crab name. I know where the McSpatzwell came from, but what about the Arnie?? I don't remember your crab name, but you could peel incredibly long strips of skin off of your arm. I was in utter amazement.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Yes, I remember her! The guys were hot for her??

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Well, he had the hots for both of us, didn't he? Doesn't that count for something?

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Oh no, not Sergio. I thought you were talking about that other guy - but he wasn't a psych major, was he? English, right? He used to write me some awesome letters. But I never dated him. I referred him to you.

I remember being jealous you dated a guy named Sergio, since I was infatuated with Jane's Addiction.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

I'm glad you explored the beyond the letter writing, so I didn't have to. I sucks when such a good face is put on such a bad product. Not that I haven't had to deal with my own bad products.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

In case this now reads weird, to anyone who might be reading it, I removed 7 comments at the request of the author.