Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

This rose didn't last too long without water, but the play-doh vase was wonderful.

My favorite card was one Sicily made of a pink construction paper shoe with rainbow yarn laces and glitter heart decorations.  It is the most fabulous shoe I have ever seen.  I can't wait to hang it up on my bulletin board at my office, which is already peppered with my favorite kid art, in between the flow cytometry schedules and my numerous normal value cheat sheets.

The strangest card I got from Sicily (yes, we did art all day long - well she did anyway) came with a doll made out of popsicle sticks, napkins, bird feathers, and leaf-wings - her theme this weekend.  She delivered it to me this morning.  

"Here's your card, mom."

It was a playing card, a deuce of spades.  

"Oh, it's really a card!"

She had folded it over and when I opened it, I noticed that there was writing on the inside, in green glitter glue.  I struggled for a second and she rolled her eyes and said,

"Lemme just read it to ya, mom."

"Are you a trick?  Or are you not a trick?  Silly, you are not a trick."

Sometimes I think my children must be tiny aliens delivering cryptic messages that I am too obtuse to decipher. 

No comments: